CARING FOR BODY, MIND AND SPIRIT AT ST. VINCENT'S
Wellbeing of Body, mind and spirit
We truly believe that caring for the Body, Mind and Spirit together is crucial to our residents’ wellbeing because they’re so linked. Our responsibility as a residential care home for active people means everyone is helped to join in – even if it’s a bit harder than it once was. Our Activity Coordinator arranges a programme of popular activities, with something for everyone to enjoy. There are exercise and movement sessions, painting, crafts, games, gardening – and we always welcome new ideas!
active and engaged
We like our residents to be as active and engaged as they can be, because it promotes their good mental health. As a residential care home for active people, we’ve invested in a dedicated Activity Coordinator who plans a daily programme of stimulating events around the interests and hobbies of our residents that meet everyone’s individual Body, Mind and Spiritual needs.
- Exercise and movement
- Pub quiz
- Visits from local animal sanctuaries, pet therapies and care for pets
- Arts and crafts
- Themed baking
- Cards and other games
- Music and entertainment
- Community engagement with local schools
All residents are encouraged to join in with at least some of our popular activities by our Activity Coordinator. We’re always open to new suggestions too if it encourages more people to have a go!
There’s a vicar next door who is always on hand to offer spiritual support and we hold a monthly in-house service for those who are interested. Residents of all religious and spiritual beliefs are welcome and we look to accommodate everyone’s individual needs for worship.
- Resident’s birthdays
- St George’s Day
- St Patrick’s Day
- Anniversaries, such as VE Day
- Hairdressing available within the privacy of your room (Salon coming soon)
- Medical Appointments
- Personal shopping where required
- Visiting optician
- Communal Mobile phone to use for private telephone calls
- Newspaper deliveries
- *Some services may be at an additional, modest cost.
- In-house Religious services by our local Church of England vicar every month
- Post Office and local shops 5-minute walk.
- Bexhill town centre 20-minute walk.
- Railway station 20-minute walk.
- Local Hospital 15-minute walk.
- Conquest Hospital 20 minutes by car.
- Local GP surgeries scattered around Bexhill Town, Sidley and Little Common.
- Beach 20-minute walk.
- Taxis always available.